Rules applicable to fuelling and refuelling depend on the country of rental and the type of rental product you have elected. Please check carefully the rules applicable for every rental you make.Usually vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel. At the return of the vehicle, 3 situations may then arise:
1. Return of the vehicle with the same level of fuel tank:
2. Return of the vehicle with a different level of fuel tank than the level of fuel tank mentioned at pick-up time (Refuelling charge):
- We provide you with a vehicle with a full tank of fuel of a determined level of fuel mentioned in the Rental Agreement.
- You return the vehicle with an identical level of fuel.
- You pay nothing for either refuelling charge or fuel. Please note that Europcar may require you to provide a proof of fuel purchase (receipt).
3. Full Tank Option
- If you have not taken up the full tank option and the vehicle is not returned with the same level of fuel to the one identified at pick-up time, you will be charged the cost of the missing fuel plus a refuelling charge
- At pick up you have the possibility to pay for the price of a full tank of fuel. The cost of this will depend on the vehicle category.
- You may return the vehicle with whatever fuel is left in it.
- Whilst Europcar will not charge you for any refuelling charge but Europcar will not reimburse you for any unused fuel.